June 15, 2021
- Bishop Filevich Ukrainian Bilingual School is the first school in Saskatchewan to use Ukrainian language instruction for up to 50 per cent of the regular school day.
- Students can enter the program in Kindergarten, Grade 1 or Grade 2 without any previous experience with the Ukrainian language.
- Transportation to Bishop Filevich is provided from all parts of the city.
- Students may continue to study Ukrainian in high school at Bethlehem Catholic High School.
- Grades 11 and 12 students have the opportunity to participate in an exchange program with Ukraine.
- Children gain many benefits from learning a second language.
- Religious celebrations and cultural activities are important parts of the program.
- Students gain an appreciation of the Ukrainian Byzantine Church tradition and Canada's Ukrainian cultural heritage.
Visit Bishop Filevich Ukrainian Bilingual School's website for more information.