New to Canada
Welcome to Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools!
We would be happy to register your children for school at the Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools Newcomer Registration Centre.
Children who are not Canadian citizens and are new to Saskatchewan need to register at our downtown office at 420 22nd Street East.
Before you complete the appointment booking form below, please read the following.
Who Is eligible to book an appointment?
- Students whose parents have a valid work or study permit.
- Student whose parents are Permanent Residents.
- Children must be in Canada at the time of booking your appointment.
Students whose parents do not meet these requirements must register through the International Student Program.
What you need to provide at the appointment:
- Immigration documents for you and your children (Confirmation of Permanent Residence, Permanent Residency card, work or study permit).
- Another proof of age such as birth certificate and/or passport.
- Baptismal certificate, if applicable.
- High school transcripts for students who are age-appropriate for high school.
- Proof of residency in Saskatoon such as a lease agreement, bill, etc.
At Your Appointment:
We will welcome you and discuss school placements. All documents will be reviewed, and we will register your children for school. This includes a bus form, if applicable.
A representative from Saskatoon Open Door Society will be at the appointment to share information about the Saskatoon Social Workers in Schools program available to your child and you will have the opportunity to sign a consent form for the program.
If your children speak a language other than English in the home, they will be assessed to determine eligibility for English as an Additional Language (EAL) support.
Students will be placed in age-appropriate grades according to the chart below. High school students must present official transcripts. These will be sent to the Ministry of Education, and some classes may qualify for credits in Saskatchewan.
2023-2024 School Year
High School students must have specific credit attainment to take classes in certain grades. This can be discussed at your appointment.
We hope to see you soon.