English as an Additional Language
May 28, 2021
Registration Centre for New Canadians:
English as an Additional Language - Overview
- Our English as an Additional Language (EAL) program is designed to meet the needs of both new Canadians (immigrants and refugees) and students in the International Student Program.
- Experienced teachers provide instruction for all age levels with a focus on listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Classes are offered at all our schools.
- We assess each student individually in order to determine what instruction or other support is needed.
- Students receive support in adapting to a different curriculum, school environment and Canadian culture.
- Students receive assistance in a school that is close to their homes.
- Additional support is available for students with special learning needs.
The Saskatoon Open Door Society (306-653-4464) provides interpreter support, translation and other assistance.
Global Gathering Place
Government of Saskatchewan - Regional Gateways