June 15, 2021
- Advanced Placement courses provide enriched and challenging opportunities for more capable students and are the result of a collaboration between secondary schools, colleges and universities.
- The courses are designed to enhance and enrich the regular Saskatchewan high school curriculum.
- Students who are highly motivated and enjoy working independently will benefit most from Advanced Placement courses.
- The courses are offered in a variety of ways: congregated classes, seminars, noon-hour or after-school tutorials.
- Students who are interested should contact their school’s guidance office to decide if Advanced Placement is an option for them and to register for Advanced Placement classes.
- Advanced Placement prepares students for future success by providing enrichment opportunities in various curricular areas.
- Students can earn university credit while still in high school.
- Students develop the study skills and habits they will need in university.
Tressa Kokonas, Coordinator of Learning Services