June 16, 2021
Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools's students have the opportunity to learn various languages in addition to English.
We also have English as and Additional Language supports for students at all grade levels.
Benefits of learning an additional language:
- Students fluent in two languages:
- Develop a greater overall capacity for learning, with enhanced thinking, problem-solving and organizational skills;
- Score higher in verbal and non-verbal intelligence and excel at divergent thinking tasks;
- Obtain a higher test scores in reading, language and mathematics;
- Display superior cross-cultural skills, adapting better to varying cultural contexts and displaying greater cultural sensitivity;
- Have improved career opportunities and greater economic potential; and
- Have increased mobility and travel opportunities.