Student Services Spotlight
Student Services Spotlight
Applications for the Firefighter and COPS Programs are available in Student Services.
U OF R
“Admission on the Spot”! for more information regarding eligibility and programs you may apply to go to : https://www.uregina.ca/events/2023/12/admission-on-the-spot-in-saskatoon.html Friday December 8th, 2023 from 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Travelodge Hotel, 106 Circle Drive, Saskatoon
Saskatoon Business College
Offering Diplomas in Business, Health Care, Technology and Legal fields with multiple start dates. Call (306)244-6333 or go to www.sbccollege.ca for more information or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
SaskPolytech has dual credit classes for grade 11 and 12 students:
Are you a high school student eager to get a head start on your college education and want to explore the world of business? We have an exciting offer just for you!
FREE TUITION - There is no cost to enroll in the following business dual credit courses for January 2024:
- BUS 104: Introduction to Business (Entrepreneurship 20)
- MGMT 108: Introduction to Sport Management (Introduction to Sport Management 30)
Enroll today to experience the Business diploma program firsthand and discover your passion! You will earn BOTH high school and post-secondary credit for the same class.
To register, call 306-691-8383
For more information contact Twyla at email@example.com
Follow this link to see all of the classes that may be offered:
Shad is a month-long summer STEAM and entrepreneurship program for grade 10 and 11 students that opens doors to post-secondary pathways.
Entrance Scholarships for Indigenous and Black students
Shad offers 10 Entrance Scholarships for Indigenous Students and 10 Entrance Scholarships for Black Students. Shad is committed to removing barriers to STEAM education and careers for equity-deserving communities, which means ensuring all communities have access. Each year, Shad provides over $1.5 million in funding for students across Canada to help make our program accessible.
Applications to Shad close on Dec 1. Apply @ https://www.shad.ca/apply/
Join the Saskatoon Industry Education Council for Spotlight on Careers in Manufacturing & Mining.
SPOTLIGHT ON MINING - Wednesday, November 29 (9:00 am – 3:00 pm) @ SaskPoly & The U of S
- Students in grades 10 – 12 are invited to attend this one-day event exploring careers in the mining industry through hands-on activities and short presentations from Saskatchewan Polytechnic’s School of Mining, Energy & Manufacturing Programs (Mining Engineering Technology, Chemical Technology, Radiation and Environmental Monitoring Technician) and the University of Saskatchewan’s Geology Department.
- Registration Deadline: Wednesday, November 22, 2023
To learn more about careers in Manufacturing & Mining, view online resources and register for events, visit: www.saskatooniec.ca/manufacturing-and-mining
SPOTLIGHT ON TECH
Do you want an exciting career in one of the most in-demand industries? Join the SIEC for the Spotlight on Careers in TECH.
Wednesday, December 6 @ Saskatchewan Polytechnic & Innovation Place
- Students in grades 10 – 12 are invited to attend this SIEC event to explore post-secondary opportunities, hands-on coding experience, and interaction with Saskatoon-based tech companies. (Coding experience is not required).
- Register via the QR Code or the SIEC website.
- Registration Deadline: Monday, November 27, 2023
To learn more about careers in TECH, view online resources, or register for career exploration events, visit: www.saskatooniec.ca/TECH
SaskAbilities Partners in Employment
Mentor at Partners in Employment, a division of SaskAbilities. At Partners in Employment (PIE) we provide a wide range of employment services to people of all abilities, from ages 15 and older who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
Some of the services we are able to provide include:
- How to create a resume
- How to prepare for an interview
- Complete a mock interview
- How to do online job searching
- Assistance with completing online courses such as WHMIS, SCOT, Serve it Right, First Aid-CPR
- Potential financial assistance with employment needs such as Criminal Record Checks or work accommodations.
- On-the-job support and mentoring
- Continued, on-going support as needed
- Person-centered planning for every person we see
All the services we provide are free!!
Partners in Employment Saskatoon
316-2nd Ave North