Safe Positive Schools
Students, staff, parents and guardians of St. Nicholas Catholic School Community have the right to feel emotionally, socially, physically, intellectually, and spiritually safe. In order to achieve a safe, caring, positive and respectful school environment, we have the following expectations:
- As Jesus taught us, treat others as we wish to be treated.
- To attend school regularly and follow the expectations of the school.
- To work to the best of their abilities by participating in class, completing assignments and respecting others' right to learn.
- Respecting others' safety, well being and property by not intimidating others, hurting others emotionally, socially, intellectually, physically, or damaging property.
- To be accountable for their actions by accepting consequences that are reasonable, related and respectful.
- To provide a safe, positive, and respectful learning environment.
- To involve students in developing classroom expectations with reasonable, related and respectful consequences.
- To model, teach and reinforce appropriate behavior that reflects our Christian faith.
- To work and cooperate with parents and guardians to resolve concerns regarding their child(ren).
- To participate in creating a safe, positive learning environment at our school.
- To support their child(ren) in regular and punctual attendance.
- To work and cooperate with the staff to resolve concerns regarding their child(ren).
- To be familiar with the School Code of Conduct and discuss it with their child(ren).
- Support their children's faith journey in partnership with the School and the Church.