English as an Additional Language
Our English as an Additional Language (EAL) program is designed to meet the needs of both new Canadians (immigrants and refugees) and students in the International Student Program.
Experienced teachers provide instruction for all age levels with a focus on listening, speaking, reading and writing.
Classes are offered at all our schools.
We assess each student individually in order to determine what instruction or other support is needed.
- Students receive support in adapting to a different curriculum, school environment and Canadian culture.
- Students receive assistance in a school that is close to their homes.
- Additional support is available for students with special learning needs.
Registration Centre for Newcomers:
Call our Registration Centre for New Canadians at (306) 659-7000. We will book an appointment with you to register your children and determine their English language proficiency. The centre is located in our Board Office at 420 22nd Street East, in downtown Saskatoon.
Please bring the following documents to your appointment:
- Visa/passport/immigration papers
- Health card (If you have one);
- Birth certificate or baptism certificate (if you have one);
- Original transcripts of educational documents (translated versions if available); and
- Medical documentation, if available (for example, immunization records).
The Saskatoon Open Door Society (306-653-4464) provides interpreter support, translation and other assistance.
Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools International Student Program
Global Gathering Place
Government of Saskatchewan - Regional Gateways