Career Pathways at E. D. Feehan
We offer students many opportunities to participate in creative and innovative programs throughout their time at school. This includes courses offered through the Career Pathways. These pathways provide:
- development of specialized trainging and skills
- links with potential employers
- "hands on" experience with community partners
- career information within each pathway
- labour market attachment
- summer employment opportunities
- the ability to graduate with a regualr Grade 12 or Adult 12 diploma from a Catholic high school
- a great start towards a future career.
Students are eligible to enrol in all or some of these specialized pathways.
In the Construction Technology Pathway, you will be able to:
- be part of a team that will successfully build a house right at our school
- receive apprenticeship hours that can be applied later towards any trade
Our partners include Breck Scaffold Solutions, Inc., Saskatoon Co-Op Home Centres, Office of the Treaty Commissioner and the Saskatoon and Region Home Builders' Association.
Health Care Pathway
In the Health Care Pathway, you will be able to:
- have opportunities for practicum experiences within the Saskatoon Health Region and Jubilee Residences Inc.
- experience specialized training and develop skills to assist people with health care needs
- engage in discussions about the many career opportunities in the health care industry.
Career Development Centre
The Career Development Centre (CDC) offers a variety of career exploration activities for students. A team of Career Program Facilitators is available to support students on their life work journey. Parents are also invited to inquire about the services provided in order to support their sons/daughters at home. The CDC also offers a Bridging Program for graduated students up to two years post-graduation.
Career Program Facilitator
The role of the Career Program Facilitator is to provide students with a link to the world of work, arrange career fairs, workshops and connect students with the career information they need. Students may meet with the facilitator for help with resume writing, Career Cruising and apprenticeship training and post secondary information. The facilitator also supports by teaching career components in the classroom, providing in-service workshops and assisting teachers who are planning career lessons.