Skip to main content

About Us

About Us


The History behind the School Name

CHRIST THE KING SCHOOL opened in September 1958 with – 130 students in Grades 1 – 8 in four classrooms. The official opening was held October 26, 1958, with Bishop F.J. Klein blessing the school, assisted by Fr. H. Corbett and Fr. Bernard Dunn.

One of the highlights of the school's history was the change of name in1967 to Georges Vanier, in honor of Canada's Governor General who was an exemplary Catholic.

Georges Vanier School focused on becoming a specialized school of Fine Arts in the fall of 1979. The school offers a full curriculum program with expertise in specific areas of the fine arts, such as music, art, drama and dance. 

In 2014, Georges Vanier officially changed the school's name to Georges Vanier Catholic Fine Arts School.  

image description
Back to top