History of Bishop Klein School
Francis Joseph Klein, Third Bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Saskatoon, 1952-1967.
On February 28, 1952, Klein was appointed Bishop of Saskatoon, ordained by Cardinal James C. McGuigan of Toronto on April 30 at Holy Rosary Cathedral, Regina and officially installed as bishop of Saskatoon at St. Paul's Cathedral on May 8, 1952. He was the first Saskatchewan-born priest to become a bishop.
Bishop Klein served as bishop of Saskatoon for almost 15 years.
Bishop Klein School opened for students mid November, 1967. They were initially housed at St. Edward School. The school was officially blessed and dedicated by Bishop J. P. Mahoney on March 31, 1968.
- Bishop Klein is located at 1121 Northumberland Avenue in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
- Kindergarten to Grade 8 English stream school; four pre-kindergarten classrooms for three-and four-year-olds also offered
- Support for English Learners, including an English as an Additional Language (EAL) teacher at the school and partnerships with Global Gathering Place, Open Door Society and Care & Share Saskatoon.
- St. Peter the Apostle Parish is our parish partner. A great working relationships allows us to have regular liturgies and masses, as well as regular visits from the parish priest and staff.
- Before and After School program offered by the Boys and Girls clubs
- GSCS School Trustees: Mr. Jim Carriere, and Mrs. Bonita Elliott