St. Dominic School
(1959 – Present)
Enrolment, September 2019 – 271 Pre-K to Grade 8
Principals: Sister Melanie Limacher, OSU 1959-1960; Sister Jerome Pulvermacher, OSU 1960-1962; Walter Germann 1962-1967; Nestor Trach 1967-1992; Dennis Bergerman 1992-1995; Michael Suchan 1995-1996; Malcom Eaton 1996-2005; Dennis Spence 2005-2015; Dallas Puto 2015-2017; Chad Knaus 2017-Present
Built in 1959, this school is named after St. Dominic, a priest in the 12th century and is dedicated to Father Dominic Hofmann, a long-time pastor in Humboldt. The school, which opened with 114 students, was built to accommodate five classrooms, a staffroom-office and a small library. Since only four classrooms were needed initially, a wall between two classrooms was removed and the resulting large room served as a classroom, gym and music room. Over the years, St. Augustine and St. Dominic schools in Humboldt cooperated to provide the best programming possible for the Catholic community in the Humboldt area. St. Dominic School became part of St. Paul's Roman Catholic Separate School Division #20 in 2006. Students from St. Dominic and St. Augustine join their public school counterparts for high school at Humboldt Collegiate Institute (HCI) which is jointly governed by Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools and Horizon School Division.