St. Dominic (Savio) School, named after St Dominic Savio of Italy (1842-1857), was opened in September 1964 in the southwest corner of the city in the Montgomery Place neighbourhood. It boasted 29 students and two teachers: Mrs. A Miller taught Grades 1-3 and Jim Willick taught Gr. 4-6. The Grade 7s and 8s from the area attended St. John School in Holiday Park. Mr. Mike Hepp, as principal of St. John, was also responsible for St. Dominic and paid occasional visits to the school. St. Dominic underwent major renovations in 1990, and after months of holding classes in and around a flurry of construction and activity a new school was born, at a cost of $1.7 million. St. Dominic School was the first to develop an anti-bullying policy, after the Government of Saskatchewan mandated all schools to do so in 2005.