Digital Citizenship 20
The instructor for this course is Jason Sand
First Offered in 2015
Developed by Jason Sand
Digital Citizenship 20 is built upon the knowledge and content of Digital Citizenship 10. As a result you will be required to create content, publish work and exist in a capacity to complete this course. Unit one will give you a brief review of online safety and etiquette.
As you work through Digital Citizenship 20 you will have you inquire into your personal brand, the "Brand of Me". When you think of a brand, consumer products often come to mind. We experience this concept everywhere, logos, emblems, graphics and advertisements are so invasive into our lives that we often don't realize how frequently we are viewing them. A successful brand logo lets the viewer understand the core purpose and philosophy of that organization or company.
As a Digital citizen today it is important that we take charge of our own branding. Our brand reveals much of what we do and believe, it is essential our online identity. This online identity or even lack there of, creates real life advantages or consequences. This is why it is very important to create and control your brand very closely in a world where our brand is only one Google search away.
This course will teach you how to effectively harness the power of being a digital citizen by creating a strong personal brand.
Course Information / Credit Recovery Units
Unit 1: Into To Personal Branding (10 Days)
- Evaluate familiar brands and understand why they are easily recognizable to us.
- Demonstrate an understanding of what it means to be a Personal Brand.
- Assess who they are as an individual.
- Construct an understanding of why it is important to be responsible with your personal brand.
Unit 2: Your Brand Statement Refined (10 Days)
1. Evaluate familiar brands and understand why they are easily recognizable to us.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of what it means to be a Personal Brand.
3. Assess who they are as an individual.
4. Construct an understanding of why it is important to be responsible with your personal brand.
Unit 3: Your Brand Logo (11 Days)
1. Demonstrate and understanding of the strategies for building a personal brand.
2. Analyze how a marketing story enhances the brand of you.
3. Refine a summary about you to generate a highlight list.
4. Generate a personal brand statement.
Unit 4: Sharing Your Brand Online (11 Days)
1. Identify the significance and power of a logo in brand identity.
2. Master the elements of iconic design.
3. Create and explain a personal logo for their brand.
Unit 5: Connections to Your Past (11 Days)
1. Understand the responsibility of sharing personal information online.
2. Demonstrate how to create a brand online.
Unit 6: Research Your Name (11 Days)
1. Evaluate how your past contributes to the current version of you.
2. Analyze your cultural, family and personal identity.
3. Develop an identity that will grow with future.
Unit 7: My Online Image (11 Days)
- Demonstrate what your name means.
- Discover how you received your name.
- Analyze any changes to your spelling or pronunciation of your name throughout your family's history.
- Create a unique font to help promote your brand.
Unit 8: Music and Me (10 Days)
- Analyze and understand how elements of the music they listen to defines them.
- Create a sample of the music that defines their life at this moment in time.
Unit 9: Ideas Worth Sharing (11 Days)
- Identify and understand what ideas other people successfully share.
- Analyze and explain how ideas are effectively communicated today.
- Examine the pitfalls associated with sharing something that has negative effects on the individual who shared it.
- Discover what ideas they have that are worth sharing with the world.
- Demonstrate how to develop a framework to update or add to ideas that you have shared publically.
Unit 10: Supportive Communities fro the Brand of You (11 Days)
- Identify and understand the elements in a forum.
- Understand the risks and benefits of joining teen or open forums.
- Analyze and explain the benefits of an online community.
- Evaluate an online community that may be useful for them.
Unit 11: Resume (10 Days)
- Update and maintain an online resume.
- Develop a creative professional promotional product.
Unit 12: Making Your Brand Visible (11 Days)
- Analyze best practices to share your brand through social media.
- Demonstrate an awareness of how your current social media tools represent you well.
- Construct an understanding toward minimizing the impact of past discretions in your digital footprint.
- Evaluate what social media sites best promote certain aspects of your brand.
Unit 13: Now that You are a Brand (10 Days)
- Assess and understand how to take the brand you have developed and keep it current and relevant
Unit 14: Final Project (12 Days)
- Demonstrate what key topics are important for teens to know or apply these topics to create promotional Branding material for you.
- Display how to effectively communicate their message in a way that can be shared digitally.