Bishop James Mahoney High School is founded on Catholic Christian beliefs and at the heart of our philosophy is the opportunity for every student and staff member to grow in faith and be given support in life’s journeys. Ms. Chevrier, our school chaplain, helps provide this opportunity by:
- being present to staff and students in the development of their own faith lives;
- building community and celebrating faith in the school and with the greater community;
- coordinating prayer, liturgical services, and daily devotions for the school;
- providing prayer support for people in all of life’s circumstances;
- preparing masses and liturgical celebrations including Divine Liturgy, and
- collaborate in coordinating charitable activities such as food and clothing collections.
With the other members of the school community, our chaplain plays an important role in spiritual guidance by providing support, comfort and direction, ministering to the sick, visiting bereaved families and remembering them in school prayers, helping students new to Bishop James Mahoney High School and helping students who are experiencing difficulties at home or in school.