Father Robinson School
On August 4, 1989, the Catholic Board of Education approved the construction of a new school in the Erindale neighbourhood and on August 23 the school was officially named after Monsignor Robinson.
Construction began in the fall of 1989 and continued until its completion in August 1992. Classes began on August 31, 1992 with 185 students.
The school was officially opened and blessed by Most Rev. Basil Filevich and Most Rev. James Mahoney on March 13, 1993.
The school is named in honour of Monsignor Robinson. John Robinson was born in St. John, New Brunswick on June 24, 1916. He was ordained to the priesthood for the Diocese of London, Ontario on May 30, 1942. He came to Saskatoon with Bishop Pocock in 1944 and remained until his death on April 4, 1974. As a parish priest, he served the people of St. Paul's Cathedral, St. Michael, St. Philip and Holy Spirit Parishes. He was named Vicar General in 1964 and a Domestic Prelate in 1965. Monsignor Robinson was a good and strong leader in the Church, a special friend to priests and a person with a particular concern for young people. Among the many things he is remembered for is his continued and active support of Catholic education.
Father Robinson School is dedicated to St. John the Baptist (the patron Saint of teachers).
Father Robinson School celebrated 25 years of Catholic Education in September 2017. We look forward to many more successful years of faith and learning.