INFORMATION ON GOVERNMENT STUDENT LOANS PLEASE CLICK ON LINK BELOW
GOVERNMENT OF SK/ STUDENT LOAN INFO
You can now book an appointment with Mr. Neitz or Mrs. Becker via text message!
Counsellors: Ms. Becker 659-7660 email@example.com; Mr. Neitz 659-7661 firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Mrs. Lynn Clark 659-7659 email@example.com
SIGN UP FOR REMIND (PLEASE SEE BELOW)
Grade 10, 11 and 12s:
REMIND – sign up for your grade – we send out important information to you via Remind.
Such as: Scholarships, Career Ed information etc…. : Text 306-500-1193. In the text box write:
@stjXX (XX=your grade – for example @stj10).
The GreenPAC Parliamentary Internship for the Environment, with support from the Sustainability Network, offers young leaders (aged 18-30) the chance to gain invaluable training and experience from Canada's top environmental champions on Parliament Hill. The program runs from September 2019 to June 2020, and includes a monthly stipend. Applications forms are due by midnight (EST) on March 15, 2019. If you have any questions or require reasonable accommodations during the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the application deadline. The link for the application form is on the website.
SASKATOON INDUSTRY EDUCATION COUNCIL
Summer Youth Internship Program: (Application forms are in Student Services- deadline is May 8th)
The Summer Youth Internship Program aims to create an opportunity for students interested in a career in the construction, tourism and information technology sectors to gain some valuable work experience over the summer months. This exposure to the industry will allow students to get a proper start to their future careers. Students participating in the program will be required to commit to a 6-week paid internship that begins July 8, 2019 and ends August 16, 2019. Students will benefit from the program in a number of ways:
• Students will receive competitive industry wages
• Students will be assigned a career coach who will help mentor them through their transition into the fast-paced work environment
• Students will be mentored by established trades people within the Saskatoon business community
• The ability to create lasting networks that will create job opportunities in the future
• The hours logged working under a journeyperson are hours that can be logged towards an apprenticeship
• Students may be able to sign up for the credit apprenticeship program; receiving high school credits after the completion of the program
• Students can complete the Saskatchewan Youth Apprenticeship program with the help and guidance of their assigned career coaches
Encounters with Canada Register Now - $750 plus spending money (includes air fare, activities and lodging expenses for one week) - Encounters With Canada is a unique opportunity for Canadian teens to meet other young people from across the country. Spend an adventure-filled week in your nation's capital! Check out future career options, discover your country, share your hopes and dreams. Several themes/topics to choose from! Register on-line- https://www.ewc-rdc.ca/pub/ or call 1-800-361-0419. Poster is outside of Student Services