It's a new year and time to roll out all the details you may be wondering about regarding this year's Grade 12 Winter Formal. It is to be held on Tuesday, January 29, 2019 from 5pm until midnight at the Western Development Museum. The students chose their theme to be a 1920's Casino Night. The evening will begin with an optional walk through Boom Town starting at 5pm. All attendees will not be given a paper ticket but will need to have their name checked off the master list at the registration table upon arrival. They will also need to be signed in by their parent or adult designate. A buffet supper will begin at 6pm in the main ballroom followed by a small awards ceremony and slide show then dancing to one of the best DJs in town, photos, and fun gambling (with provided play money). All attendees must be picked up by midnight and signed out by their parent or pre-designated adult. Please print and carefully read through the attached Consent & Release Form and the Waiver. These MUST be thoroughly read through with your grade 12 attendee(s), initialed, signed and handed in to the school office by January 21, 2019. Please note Flaman Security will be searching all purses/bags and every attendee may be subject to a pat down upon entrance. As these are under-age teenagers, there will be absolutely NO tolerance or support of any substances or alcohol at all. Please support us in keeping our children and this event safe.
The cost of the formal ticket is $65. However, if your student took part in the QSP fundraiser, their fundraised portion can go directly to the cost of their formal ticket (and possibly their AfterGrad ticket as well according to how high their popcorn/beef jerky sales were). We have a spreadsheet which accounts for each students involvement and shows what their adjusted ticket price is. Please email the committee at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your ticket total if you took part in the fundraiser. Signed waiver and consent forms are still expected for those who fundraised.
The process for purchasing your ticket is as follows: Firm DEADLINE – JANUARY 21, 2019
- Print off the waiver and consent forms and submit your signed forms to Mrs. Rawlyk in the main office.
- Send an etransfer to email@example.com using the password 2019, please refer to your graduates name (and the escorts name if applicable) in the memo section. All Graduates must pay for their escort's ticket. Please do not have your escort send us money.
- Or, attach a check or cash to your waiver/consent form (checks made out to STJ Chem Free Events 2019)
- Confirmation of your purchase will be the accepted etransfer or cashing of your cheque, only cash payments will receive an email confirmation. – Payment will not be accepted without a waiver form, which means your son/daughter will not be granted access that evening.
- For those who fundraised please send an email stating "My son/daughter has submitted their forms, please use their profit towards their ticket price".
We have a small list of volunteers so please consider signing up for a shift on the attached forms as this event will require much supervision, help at the registration table, card dealers, etc.
Attached is a sponsorship letter that the students will be circulating to local businesses in the area. Please feel free to take a good look at that and share with anyone who would be interested in helping us out.
To assist with Grade 12 Formal and After Grad expenses we have set up a Drop & Go Sarcan account.
Have your grads take your recyclables from your home and any friends and family, and simply take them to Sarcan, tag them with our account, which can be printed off from the Kiosk at Sarcan. Sarcan will keep a running total for us over the next few months and we can utilize the proceeds to keep the costs of our Formal and After Grad expenses down.
Our account Name is: St. Joe's Grad 2019
PRINTABLE FORMS BELOW:
StJ ChemFree Formal 2019 Waiver_V2.pdf
parent WDM letter_CT.pdf
StJ Formal 2019 Consent and Release Form Letter_v2.pdf