a place for everybody,
everybody has a place.
Holy Family School began in September 2014. Since the new school building was not yet complete, students were housed in both St. Volodymyr (K-3) and Father Robinson (4-8) schools. On March 9, 2015 students and staff began classes in their new building.
Is Designed with Learning in Mind
- School broken into 4 pods around small break out spaces or learning commons
- the design concept takes a large school and functionally make if feel like a smaller school
- Focus on inquiry and student collaboration
- Specialized educational spaces and supporting functions (e.g. Art, Science, Practical Arts, Tutorial, Staff, and Upper LRC) are concentrated in the central portions of both floors.
- Exterior learning environments (deck, outdoor learning spaces)
- Multiple sites for collaboration (for students and staff)
- Supportive spaces for diverse learners
- Natural Light and views
- Separate designs with distinct identity yet similar or coordinated colors and palates.
- 2-story library
Permeates a Family/Catholic Presence
- Classrooms are organized into four clusters of four classrooms, providing smaller scale in a large school. Each has washrooms, breakout space, and access to the exterior nearby.
- The Main Entry, Administration, LRC, Student Support, and Kindergarten entry are arranged at the front, for a welcoming Catholic presence.
- Catholic Identity and Presence - The Main Vestibule, Lobby, and LRC will be developed as the showpiece component, with feature stair, double-height space, lots of glass, with high 'street presence' and Catholic identity, inside and outside.
- Admin area a welcoming place for students, parents and community members
- Colored glass with a cross in the center of the school
Promotes an Active Lifestyle and Movement Priority
- Large Gym
- 400m2, Auxiliary Room 150m2 available to GSCS and suitable for smaller groups
- larger classrooms 80m 2 and some potential for body breaks.
Fosters Community Involvement
- The Gymnasium, its support functions, and the performing arts functions are located towards the south-center of the main floor, for community access, and consolidation of the higher spaces.
- Kitchen for community access
We encourage you to learn more about our school and what we have to offer your child. We take pride in creating a positive environment that focuses on faith and learning, so all children will grow spiritually, academically, physically, socially and emotionally.