Our school is named after St. Edward the Confessor (1003-1066) and dedicated to Edward Daniel Feehan, the division's first superintendent (director) of education. St. Edward first opened its doors for classes on October 31, 1957. Sr. Catherine of Sion was the first principal and she worked with a staff of three teachers: Sister Maria Kathleen of Sion, Verla Koob and Alida Ballachay. For the first two months of that school year, while awaiting completion of their school, the staff and students of St. Edward shared facilities with St. Maria Goretti School. St. Edward continues to be a vital and important part of the community. The EcoJustice classroom was established at St. Edward in the fall of 2009, serving Grade 8 students selected from schools across the division who wish to focus on stewardship of earth's resources.