Core Neighborhood Youth Co-op has been developed with three main goals in mind: retention, reintegration, and graduation. In partnership with Boys and Girls Club, CNYC provides the support needed to allow each individual student to find success on his or her own educational journey. As a multi-agency program, we encourage youth to find success through education while providing support to achieve personal goals.
- Works with youth who are working on 10-30 level credits.
- Focuses on life skills such as nutrition, budgeting, and relationships to provide practical skills to help build self-esteem.
- Helps students develop a sense of cultural pride and establish relationships with their community through First Nations cultural teachings.
- Works with inner-city youth who have faced challenges that may have removed them for a period of time from a traditional educational setting.
- Works with youth who may have fallen behind in their studies and are in a position or will be in a position to utilize the Adult 12 program.
- Partners with social workers, youth outreach workers and other counselors in order to provide an integrated approach to meeting young people’s often complex needs.
For more information, contact Jason Benson, principal at Bishop Murray High School, at 306-659-7710.